Following Saturday at 08.30 in Mr. Hide’s office
– Welcome back! Glad to see you all here again, but before we start I have a picture to show you. I do really hope it won’t be the impression after your presentations, but I fear it might. We’ll see.
– Ok! How was your week? What do you say A-group?
– Well, Sir. It was a thrill that we never have come across before. We started directly last Monday morning, after having asked the customer service people to count all calls according to your instructions. They were happy to do it. I think they felt, that their opinions were asked for and needed, so just by having done so – we got a group more motivated than ever. Only that itself is a great merit to this exercise. They even wished us Good Luck before this weekend.
– Ok folks, you remember your tasks from last week? They were to find out how much time was consumed by our three client groups in terms of handling existing clients compared to chasing new ones.
– Let’s hear what you found. A-Group
– Ok, Sir. Here are our figures: Time spent on existing key accounts was 100% and thereby you understand that we did not spend any time on finding new key accounts.
– Thanks A, now to the mid-sized accounts. How was your time spent?
– Thanks, Sir! We spent 55% of our time on existing mid-sized accounts and 45% on finding new ones.
– Thanks! Now to C, the ad-hoc accounts.
– Well, Sir our figures are the direct opposite, as we only know the ones we already have and thereby we spent all our time on asking them if they were happy with us and our services and of course asked for new orders.
– Thank you all. I am sorry to say that the elephant is an appropriate summary of your presentations. If you didn’t know, what an elephant in the room means, I’ll tell you. It is a big problem, that all knows, but no one wants to discuss.
Time is now 10.30. This is a major problem and therefore you’ll have all day to minimize that elephant. We meet here again at 04.30. Lunch and coffee will be served in your rooms.
Dedicated his full life to business in Sweden as well as in the US, Germany and Switzerland. Also a number assignments all over the world.
Experiences; salesman, sales leader, marketing director, vice president and CEO.