The same Saturday afternoon at 04.30 in Mr. Hide’s office
Welcome in here again folks. You´ve had a long day trying to shrink our big elephant into a baby elephant. How did it go A-group?
– Thanks Dr. See we’ve worked hard on different solutions and we’ve based our discussions on the facts, that our key accounts only represent 8% of all our customers and despite that they receive 80% of our total discounting and furthermore, they burden us with half of all our costs and the key accounts salesmen do nothing else but looking after these accounts. Looking for new ones seem to be hard!
– Ok, A-group, what’s your proposal?
– Dr. See, we aren’t sure. Do we dare to increase prices? No, we don’t think so. Instead we concentrated on finding other ways. These are possible options: offering our key accounts to keep their discounts, if they agree to sign a two-year deal with us and thereby allowing us to free our sales resources to find new accounts and instead having our customer service to call them regularly and ask, “is everything satisfactory?” If not, the customer service leaves it to the key account sales people to react. If yes. Fine!
– B-group, you with the mid-sized accounts, what do you think about this?
– Well, Dr See, we believe, that we have great number of unapproached possible clients, that we haven’t had time to go for and therefore a relieved key account sales force would come in handy for approaching these prospects.
-Ok, friends. Time is late now, and you’ve done a tremendous work. Now go home and have a nice evening with your near ones. Tomorrow Sunday at 0900 we’ll meet again and the we’ll dig deeper into this. Ok?
– Looking forward to it, Sir!
Dedicated his full life to business in Sweden as well as in the US, Germany and Switzerland. Also a number assignments all over the world.
Experiences; salesman, sales leader, marketing director, vice president and CEO.