Sunday lunch in Mr. Hide’s office
– Welcome back! However, before sandwiches are being served, there are now two elephants on the screen as you can see – yes two elephants, almost equally big and heavy, but only almost. The little one is almost kicking the big one out of the picture. What do you think they tell us A-group?
– Well sir, having had only one big elephant in the room, which we had when we started out these exercises meant that we were heavily depending on that lonely animal and thereby we were its servants, meaning that most of our resources were allocated to this big individual and it gave us almost nothing in return. Or let me put it this way to make it more understandable. We dedicated a hell of lot more to this animal than we had a chance to be rewarded for. Now, thanks to you, sir, we started to see other opportunities in the market, which the baby elephant illustrates.
– Very good A-Group. What we’ve achieved so far is, that we are beginning to understand our market position and thereby our possibilities and thereby adjusting ourselves to our possibilities and thereby reallocating our sales efforts to go after new targets without hiring any additional people. You know, my friends, what most companies do wrong is that they tend to believe, that their markets are in perpetual situations, meaning that nothing changes. It does! And always will. That’s why having the right focus is of outmost importance and that’s what we are about to achieve. It’s late Sunday afternoon now. Are you tired?
– Yes Sir!
– Ok, we stop here and your findings and recommendations from yesterday can wait till tomorrow evening. Ok?
– Ok, Sir.
– See you all tomorrow evening then! Bye for now!
– Bye Sir.
Dedicated his full life to business in Sweden as well as in the US, Germany and Switzerland. Also a number assignments all over the world.
Experiences; salesman, sales leader, marketing director, vice president and CEO.