Mr. Hide’s office Saturday lunch after a full week’s work
– Hi again folks. Nice to see you all here again. You know what? No, of course not, but this is our last and final meeting. So, let me summarize what we’ve been through. We started out by analyzing our present business situation by checking out lots of figures about our different client groups, which were the key accounts, the mid-sized accounts and the ad hoc accounts.
By having done so, we saw, that this big and lonely animal consumed almost all our resources without any corresponding payoff.
After further calculations another elephant showed up and that was our mid-sized accounts-elephant, which told us about a new and great potential, that we’ve neglected so far.
After a few more meetings we welcomed a third elephant – a baby elephant – representing our ad hoc accounts. Like all babies – if treated well – a healthy growth can be hoped for and expected.
– Ok, folks, this is what you’ve accomplished during all our meetings. I’m impressed. What do you think Mr. Hide?
– I’m so grateful not only to you Dr. See but also to my staff, who’ve participated in these exercises over weekends, late evenings and of course spent lots of time away from home
– Ok! Have we come to an end here?
– Not quite, Dr. See we’d like to sea and hear more from you. Your presence here is like a life insurance.
– You know, we’ve now come to the end. Your action plans will sort themselves out, as you’ve now found your focus areas and that was what this all about.
– Thanks Sir, from all of us!
– My pleasure and now we’ve finalized our work for Improved Sales Effectiveness, which soon can be downloaded from this site as a guide on how to improve businesses.
– A last question Sir, what will you do after this?
– I’ll be writing about an owl, a very wise one, who’ll share its business wisdom with all readers on this site.
– Good Luck Sir!
Dedicated his full life to business in Sweden as well as in the US, Germany and Switzerland. Also a number assignments all over the world.
Experiences; salesman, sales leader, marketing director, vice president and CEO.